I have recently decided that certain things need to start being a way of life. One of these things is Champagne Wednesday. What, you may ask, is Champagne Wednesday? Well, my good man/woman/non-gendered person/furry, Champagne Wednesday is a celebration of the everyday. You combine the normal humdrum that is Wednesday with the sparkle and verve of unexpected champagne. Well, I guess it’s not really unexpected now that I’ve told you we’re going to do it every week. But it’s delightful nonetheless!
- 1 quart strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced in half
- 1 187ml bottle of your favorite champagne or sparkling wine
- the zest of 1 lime
- lime slices for garnish
- Put the strawberries and lime zest in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the strawberry juice into two fancy glasses--the fancier, the better.
- Top off each glass with half the bottle of champagne.
- Garnish with slices of lime and celebrate.
© Have Fork, Will Eat