* 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
* 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 1 large egg
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 3 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
* Cream Filling (recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and vanilla, beating well.
3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well. Add oats; stir well. Add to butter mixture; stir until well blended. Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cool on pan 2 to 3 minutes. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon Cream Filling over each bottom side of half of cookies; top with remaining cookies, right side up.
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 2 cups powdered sugar
* 1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined, scraping
bowl. Beat on high until light and fluffy.