So here are some good links I’ve stumbled upon recently:
- This article by Tamara Wilson details the Science Behind the Love of Chocolate. Now that is a research topic I can get behind. One part in particular I think you will all enjoy, and commit to memory, is this:
- “Many people may be surprised to learn chocolate, when taken in small amounts and with higher levels of cocoa, can actually help you lose weight. If the antidepressant amino acids and stimulant theobromine can improve the way a person feels, they may be less likely to overeat. Chocolate can also act as an appetite suppressant which can speed up your metabolism.”
- A wiki article from Tip the Planet on efficiency tips for cooking appliances. Save the planet and some money.
- A Chow.com article on growing herbs indoors; having just moved from an apartment, and being stuck in the barren wasteland that is winter in Michigan, this topic is very close to my heart.
- And on that topic, for those of you who want to grow things indoors, herbs or otherwise, but who usually end up with plants so dead they could be fossilized, here’s an article on the Top 10 Hard to Kill House Plants.
- I love love Indian food, so I found this article on the Must Haves from the Indian Food Map informative…and delicious. And now I’m hungry again.
- And finally, a great post from a great blog, Food in Jars, on homemade crackers. I don’t know why, but something about crackers in a jar just…well, cracks me up. har har.
More next week. Enjoy!